Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Day Liberated

Not sure how well I'll do up dating, but I can always refine things later.  I had a rough night in the hospital mostly because we weren't allowed to sit up or even lay on our sides for 12 hours.  ewwww bed pans are not fun!  The entire procedure took less than an hour and wasn't at all painful.  I had the left Jugular ballooned but it wouldn't stay open, so I went for the stent.  It was blocked (in their words ....) very very very bad.  The right had good enough flow and they couldn't get into my azygos vein to balloon but because the wire went in they felt it had flow as well.

Let's see, I did notice my bad leg is now my good leg.  My friend Mary pointed out that I visited for quite some time this morning and even had coffee without having to run to the bathroom!  hmmmmm may be able to actually shop without extra clothes weighing me down and running from bathroom to bathroom, that would be impressive.  my right hand is stronger, but still some numbness.  I had one heck of a nap this afternoon for an hour, I still need to catch up on rest.

There is a wedding in the hotel tonight so the restaurant is closed to us.  It's so very hot outside but I guess we'll have to find someplace to eat so I'll get to see how my heat coping is now.  I have a slight improvement in my deaf ear so far, but I'm hoping the hearing will return as I rest.

We met Bill and Sue from BC, Mary from Ireland, and Lynn and John from Scotland as well as a wonderful couple from Bulgaria who were just here for a one month check up.  There is quite a bond between we liberati.

We have to move rooms due to a wedding going on outside our window so i'll fix this blog as soon as I get a chance, possibly tonight.  I'll add whatever I can figure out is new as I learn it and as I catch up on rest.  Guy promised our grandsons a 'brand new memmere' so I guess I better get at the healing part eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment