This is a bitter sweet day. Sweet because I'm finally excited at last to be packing for Poland and Liberation! 4 more sleeps as my grand babies say. I even managed to go out for a bit to do some last minute errands, things I need for the trip (new shoes included of course). I used my walker, vertigo has set in big time (probably connected to the deafness I'm trying to live with), but we even went for a quick supper afterwards.
Bitter because I came home full of hope again, only to learn we have lost another of our own. Bridget, always commenting, always encouraging, and I was just wondering if she was home from the hospital yet. It absolutely breaks my heart that one more person who touched my life is gone due to MS. It does fire my heart into a stronger than ever determination that WE WILL WIN!! We will and it WON'T take 8 to 10 years. Shame shame shame on the medical society for being so cruel and callus! Bridget, we will miss your comments on Face Book, and your family and loved ones miss you horribly no question. We feel your spirit with us even now, fighting, always fighting for justice for your CCSVI brothers and sisters.
3 good friends have gone before her. Ricky from NJ who was a wonderful, fun man. Pat from Ontario who organized the big Jooly's Joint gathering we had in Vegas, and the sister of my heart Norma from Puerto Rico who I got to hug on more than one visit, laugh endless hours, and who was so supportive when Guy was hanging by a thread in intensive care. I swore then to fight so that NO MORE would leave this world far too soon.
So, this is bitter sweet with the excitement of not only going to Europe for the first time, but to get my life back! Bitter because of those who didn't live to see this day. This will be a year of shame for our medical world but also a year that will change it completely. It will also be a year of triumph against the MonSter!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment